Runakuna: human but not only
View of Ausangate mountain (Peru)
Seminar and public conference by Marisol de la Cadena.
"I once told a customs agent who was quizzing me about the purpose of my presence in the UK that I was there to talk about mountains that were not only such. A bit taken aback, but also trying to show he understood he asked: “sacred mountains?” I responded cryptically: “that too, but again, not only such.” He smirked, sealed my passport and I left giggling silently. An inconspicuous if frequent phrase, I learned to use not only as ethnographic conceptual tool in conversation with Mariano and Nazario Turpo. They would insist that what to me was (for example, a mountain) was not only that. Coming to terms with what was not only what to me was in addition to taking time, required working at a permanent interface (a mutually inhabited relation) where the Turpo’s worlding practices and mine were both seemingly alike and at the same time different.»
15:30-17:30 Seminar (registration mandatory here).
19:00 Conference (free entry).
- Date: Thursday, 25 January 2018
- Schedule: 15:30 - 17:30 (Seminar) 19:00 (Conference)
- Location: Z Hall
- Language: ES
- Access: Registration
- Price: Free
- A peek at the extraordinary. Notes for a History of the Visionary Eye 03-10-2017 - 15:30-17:30 (Seminar) / 18:00 (Public conference) - Z Hall
- The pluriverse: outlines for a political ontology for the Anthropocene 22-11-2017 - 15:30-17:30 (Seminar) / 18:00 (Public conference) - Z Hall
- Runakuna: human but not only 25-01-2018 - 15:30 - 17:30 (Seminar) 19:00 (Conference) - Z Hall